Service of Process Specialist
This position is responsible for processing legal documents sent from nationwide receiving offices. Processing these legal documents requires attention to detail and logical literacy. This position is also responsible for ensuring the delivery and confirmation of receipt of processed legal documents by our end-users. Interaction via phone and email with receiving offices, end-user clients, law firms, and 3rd party delivery services is expected. This position operates on a strict time-table and can be considered both high volume and time sensitive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process all Service of Process (SOP) documents using our proprietary work site, providing delivery instructions to our receiving offices, and forwarding originals to our clients.
- Ensuring delivery and confirmation of all SOP documents by our end-user clients through email, phone, and FedEx tracking.
- Efficiently following up with receiving offices when SOP documents are incomplete, improper, or otherwise non-standard.
- Rejection and tracking of legal documents when appropriate.
- Answer client queries regarding SOP, and the accounts tools that interact with legal documents.
- Ensure superior customer service is provided at all times and maintain a high level of professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Responsible for retrieving, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence as well as processing, sorting and mailing outgoing correspondence.
- Responsible for logging in all client correspondence into RASi management system, generating correspondence receipts, forwarding to clients and making necessary client account notes.
- Process agent resignations and agent service reinstatement requests.
- Must be very detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with a large workflow.
- Ability to carefully read and interpret state and legal documents.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to be self directed and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building skills.
- Must be computer literate; Intermediate level skills with the MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat are required.
- Preferred Experience: Basic legal, paralegal, or document preparation/editing procedures, and/or willingness to learn.
- Preferred Education: Associate's degree and/or 2 years equivalent experience in a related field.
- Full-time regular employee;
- Salary - Dependent on experience;
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available;
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Match;
- Paid Time-Off (plus paid holidays).
Interested individuals: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call.