Service of Process & Correspondence
For each and every client, Registered Agent Solutions, inc. (RASi) provides the traditional standard services of a registered agent: the handling of service of process and forwarding of state correspondence. What sets RASi apart from other service providers is the way in which these responsibilities are handled.
Service of process documents are time-sensitive documents that require the immediate attention of the registered agent and client company. These documents typically contain a limited time-frame in which the company may respond and defend itself before there are adverse consequences, including the risk of having a default judgment entered against the company.
In recognition of the importance of these documents and the prompt response that is often required, RASi has developed a service of process system to ensure the proper, reliable, and expedient handling of these documents. Upon receipt of a service of process, RASi will:
- Provide immediate custom notifications including any combination of phone, fax, and/or email notification.
- Review the documents and prepare a "Service of Process Receipt" containing summarized relevant case information to be forwarded with the documents.
- Record the case summary information into our secure online database for your immediate review and future records.
- Upon request, RASi will provide same-day imaged scanning of service of process which is accessible via our website service Insta-SOP™.
- Forward the hardcopy documents per your account instructions.
Rest assured RASi makes each and every service of process its top priority.
Insta-SOP™ is an additional service available to our clients, which is used in conjunction with our standard processing system for service of process. Upon receiving a service of process, RASi will immediately scan the service into a PDF-formatted document and upload it to our secure database server. Documents will be maintained and systematically archived on the server for future access. Clients will still receive the standard processing system notifications, reports, and hardcopy delivery as described above (Processing System).
This service is ideal for today's fast-paced business world. With professionals traveling for business, working from multiple locations, or even vacationing, this service allows authorized users to have immediate and cost-efficient access to important and time-sensitive documents from anywhere in the world. This service is also often utilized by many companies that do not have an in-house legal department and thus rely on an outside counsel to review and handle their legal matters promptly.
Correspondence refers to compliance-related notices sent from states or other regulatory agencies. These documents often vary by state and/or industry, however most commonly include annual reports, franchise tax reports, and notices of compliance status issues.
Registered Agent Solutions, inc. (RASi) goes above and beyond its competitors in the processing of company correspondence. Upon receipt of correspondence, RASi will:
- Review the correspondence and prepare a "Correspondence Receipt" of relevant information to be forwarded with the document(s).
- Record the correspondence information into our secure online database for your immediate review and future records.
- Notify you via phone and/or email when a notice is of an urgent matter or non-compliance issue.
- Forward the documents the same day they are received in our office per your account instructions.
It is important to note that the registered agent does not always receive these notices as some states and regulatory agencies will forward them directly to the company address on file. If your address changes and an agency is not properly notified, you may not receive a notice(s) resulting in a non-compliant or default status. It is also important to keep your registered agent informed of any address change(s) for the same reason.